Re: A92: Oncalc compiler (ONTIC)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Oncalc compiler (ONTIC)

Hmmm... What's the point of a compiller?  Ideally, isn't a compiler just a
*clerical* transition from c code to asm?

Anyway, I had an Idea.  Why not write an on calc debugger, and write a
computer program that would integrally and automatically take your code from
the calc, compile it, assemble it, put a bunch of files in a debug directory
and put the exe back on the calculator.  that way all the stuff that's
nessessary on the calculator  would stay there, and you wouldn't have to
worry about all the messy stuff like changing file formats, machines, and the
like.  I program C++ for Windows... mostly OpenGL, but I could do a little
file messing withing. furthermore, most of the code is already written, you'd
essencially just have to integrate it all into a nice foolproof one-step
program.  I have another theory that programming shouldn't be any harder than
learning the language, so I shouldn't have to sit arround for hours trying to
figure out hor to assemble something after it is compiled using fargo.
Anyway, I suppose I've taken ehough time already,
Mitch