Re: A92: HeapAllocHigh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: HeapAllocHigh

At 14:49 1999-06-14 +0000, you wrote:

>According to Niklas Brunlid:
> >

> > Has anyone used the HeapAllocHigh() ROM call on the 89/92+? It's supposed
> > to allocate a block of memory on the top of the heap and lock it. I tried
> > to use this to create a TSR in TI-OS, but the allocated memory block is
> > written over with other data by the OS...
> >

>Are you sure that Doorsos doesn't make some sort of garbage collection when
>you exit a program, and so free it automatically ?

Of course! (hitting myself in the head)
Now for another question: is there any way to prevent this?

  / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-92 Plus at http://c625.sparta.lu.se
Random PQF Quote follows:

Mr Young hadn't had to quiet a screaming baby for years. He'd never been
much good at it to start with. He'd always respected Sir Winston Churchill,
and patting small versions of him on the bottom had always seemed
ungracious.
         -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Follow-Ups: References: