Re: A92: Cross compiling GNU gcc for TI-89 & TI-92(+)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Cross compiling GNU gcc for TI-89 & TI-92(+)

I'm currently (still) working at my FORTH92 on-calc compiler.
In connection with that I'm writing a library, 'forthlib' which
contains almost all routines that you may need for programming.
This includeds textmode routines like 'putchar', grayscale
routines, file access routines and quite fast 48bit floating point
routines. If you're interested I could mail you the current version
of 'forthlib'. Since I'm going to have hollidays tomorrow, and
since I'm mailing from my school's account, you'd unfortunately have
to wait about 7 weeks until you can get it. The library is written
for Fargo, so you'd have to convert some things to the TI-92+.

						David Kühling

Henri Moilanen schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> [Wondering mode ON]
> Why DoorsOs's (the TI-92+ & Ti-89 shell) conversion utils objtobin.exe, binto89x.exe and a68k sources are not released to general public? I've had the idea to port GNU binutils and gcc to be used in compling for TI-89 and TI92+. Everything might go just fine if knew how their fileformats (.o and .89x) are arranged. But no, there doesn't exist any information. So, could somebody please release them?
> [Wondering mode OFF]
>
> OK, DoorOs (and thus Fargo's) internal format is somewhat documented, but not enough for me to be able to add backend to GNU binutils package to output that.
>
> Is there anybody willing to help me to get cross compling GNU gcc and GNU binutils ported to TI-89 and TI92+? Any help would be (as always ;-) greatly appreciated!
>
> If you haven't yet understood, let me clarify, this is big project (we need floating point support for GNU gcc to use TI-89's and TI-92+'s floating point emulator, and some sort of subset of libc to be used on these platforms). But there would be a grand prize, a good, well optimizing C-compiler available for public! Am I all alone with my dream, or  will this going to be true?
>
> Henri Moilanen
> "I have a dream"
>
> PS. Sorry for this cross-posting, but I hope from my heart that this will be the benefit of both TI-89 and TI-92(+). Yes, I'm also going to get this twice...

Follow-Ups: References: