Re: A92: programming shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: programming shells

>     I've just upgraded to the 92 plus and downloaded the software from
>ticalc.org to start learning how to program using assembly.  I'm
>wondering if the software will work with the TI-92 plus.  Are there any
>good books you'd recommend?  Is knowing how to program the 68000 chip
>enough or are there more commands etc available?

Knowing 68K assembler is pretty much all you need to start.  Later on
you'll want to know how to use the TI-92's ROM calls (for things like
displaying text) and library functions, but these are all secondary to
knowing asm.  My favorite 68k book is "First Steps in Assembly Language for
the 68000," which is a good general-purpose primer and also tells you how
to do some neat things like efficient loops and quick data access.
--Cliff Biffle