A92: Palm OS development tools

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Palm OS development tools

As some of you know the Palm family of PDA's use almost (if not the exact
same) processor,  so did the Mac 68k.  As a matter of fact,  The first Palm
OS SDK was nothing more than an HTMl file with some specifics, and then a
pointer to the ASM instruction manual written by davd that is included in
the Fargo II distribution.

For this reason I was wondering if maybee the same tools that are used to
compile programs for the PalmOS might also work for the ti-92,  There is
already a port of GNU C for the Palm OS,  I would be wiling to bet that it
would work interchangably with the port of GNU C for the TI-92.

Metro-Works makes Win 32 CodeWarrior for the Palm,
There is a Win 32 smallTalk compiler for the palm,

Yes all of the libraries would be diferent,  but think of the diversity of
programs there would be if we had three or four different languages in which
to write programs for the ti-92.
Just a thought,

Joey Novak