Re: A92: RE: A Radio Link idea (Distance and updated)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: RE: A Radio Link idea (Distance and updated)

Nope.  *grin*
Problem here is that you're using analog transmitters to transmit what is
essentially digital data.  The transmitters will not accurately send just
lows and highs...you're likely to get distortion or static as it rounds off
the corners of the waves and introduces noise from all the harmonics
(digital signals, square waves in particular, are a composition of all
possible harmonics as far as an analog transmitter is concerned).
What you'd need to have are two transmitters, one for each data line.
You'd have to modulate the data--that is, have a high (or a low) on one
line control a tone on one frequency.  The reciever would detect the two
tones (one for each line) and generate the correct signals.
--Cliff Biffle

Optimist: This glass is half full.
Pessimist: This glass is half empty.
Cynic: Those bastards drank half my water on purpose, just to hurt me.