Re: A92: Assorted '92 stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Assorted '92 stuff

>I seriously think that that figure is just a cut'n'paste-error - surely that
>limit only applies to the 73/83+? I can think of no reason whatsoever for
an 8Kb
>limit on a 68000... it should be 32Kb at least.

It's very simple--profit.  They want us to buy the pro version, so they
restrict the size of assembled programs.  It's a traditional crippleware
technique.  That's okay, though--we'll all just use the entry points and
function definitions they give us, and use our own assembler without their
artificial limits.  (And I really hope there's still a TI rep on this list
that sees us saying this, so they'll think about removing the limit. *grin*)
--Cliff Biffle

Everything's better in a tube.  Take for example: yogurt, spaghetti,
pierogies, mustard and Cool Whip, chicken.

Follow-Ups: References: