A92: Taking advantage of the architecture

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Taking advantage of the architecture

In both the 89 and 92, we've got a 10-mhz 32-bit processor.  If I remember
correctly, this was higher than the system requirements for early (but
still fun) games such as Wolfenstein, the original Duke Nukem, etc.
Moreover, from what I can tell, the 68000 series is quite simply more
efficient than the x86 series (fun fact: the only reason IBM used the 8086
in the first PC was because they were already using the chip in
TYPEWRITERS, and thus already had an agreement with Intel to use the design!).
We now have a killer optimizing C/C++ compiler (has anyone tried C++ on it,
btw?).  When can we expect to have flight simulators and action games?
(Hell, not to mention Word. :-)
--Cliff Biffle

Everything's better in a tube.  Take for example: yogurt, spaghetti,
pierogies, mustard and Cool Whip, chicken.