Re: A92: about Flash rom.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: about Flash rom.

According to VIVES Fabien:

> Hi.
> First, I would like to say that I only have a Ti92 II, I know how the Flash
> Rom works but I don't know if you can deal with it when you make a prog. So
> don't be surprised if my question seems stupid.
>
> I read something about a man who created a small prog for his PalmPilot,
> that allowed the user to put progs in the Flash Rom saving space in the RAM.
> Doing this, the user could save 800Ko of RAM.
> So I was wondering, if it was possible to do the same with the TI 92 Plus. A
> small prog, that will allow you to choose wether you want to store a prog in
> the Ram or in the Flash Rom, and thus, you could have more space.

This is a good idea, but it would not be simple to do. I know that TI put a
protection system so that only regular flash updates can modify the flash.
They did that because some of the futures updates will be for sale, and they
don't want them to work on any TI. Every TI92+ has an unique serial number,
and when you by an update you give this serial, and then they sell you the
update which work only with yoUR calc.
So, we would have to break the protection first...

--

    Jean-Baptiste CANAZZI
    canazz_j@epita.fr