A92: FORTH for the ti-92/Nomad

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: FORTH for the ti-92/Nomad

David,

I think Forth would be an excellent idea. As far as a Forth standard, I
don't think a Forth for the TI-92 would necessarily need to be up to the
latest standard or anything.

The only reason I can think of to make it fit a particular Forth
standard would be if you wanted to port other Forth programs written to
that standard to the TI-92, but I don't know how likely that would be.

FYI of nothing - I just recently purchased a Sega Nomad - which is a
Sega Genesis system that is totally portable and roughly the size of the
TI-92. It has a very nice (if a little small) color display and is great
for playing games on. It is also based on the 68000 chip, as someone
else mentioned. If only I could plug a keyboard into it, or transfer
programs to it (rather than being at the mercy of genesis cartridges).

Long live the 68000!

--
---
"What's magic? Nothing but the ability to do something everybody knows

More begging for attention from ...
dennis@illusions.com