De : kty <kty@mailcity.com>
À : assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org>
Date : vendredi 4 septembre 1998 21:38
Objet : A92: TI92 and DSP...

This is just an hypotesis, a weird idea... I think that u could easily remmber the old sega console called "genesis" in the States and "Megadrive", here in Europe. Games was his ROM and it had inside a Motorolla 68000 (and a Z80 to provide compatibility with the 8bits Master System). At the "end" of life of this console they made a wonderfull game ported from arcade machine; Virtual Racing. The game was very big and needed a lot of cpu power... And ingeneer from Sega put a DSP in the cartridge !
So this could be for me and other "weird-thinking-man" a great project for the future. We have the TI92, the Plus module that "offer" us the possibility to change the ROM by flash and, finally, acces to the 68000 bus... So, i'll check if it is possible physicly (Hardware) and of course software. if it's possible it could be a work of ~1 year i think...
It would be great if someone had hardware info about the DSP inside the cartridge, but i boubt it !
U could also put this message in the TI-hardware list because i don't have acces to it and i'm tired of doing it... :)

Kty kty@mailcity.com

Now MailCity offers forwarding so you can check your MailCity messages and other e-mail all in one place.  Go to http://www.mailcity.com

JPEG image