A92: Real Dynamic Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Real Dynamic Libraries

	Hi,

I think it would be good if Fargo 2 (and fargo+ obviously) could really
use dynamic libraries. Because currently Fargo libraries are quite
static.

My idea would be a kernel function that relocate the dynamic library
giving its name. That function would return the adresse (in a0 ?) of
the library entry table. And we could next call the functions by
getting their adress with a0.

You may not understand the aim of such a function.
My idea is to create optional posibility for programs : it would be
a great help for my PCTools98 plugins. But not only for that :
Programs could have differents options depending on the
libraries installed. For example in PCTools98 i would add a
dynamic library for TI92-Computer data send/receive : if
you don't want to use them, you don't loose memory.
And the program automatically check if it can use a function
or not.

For a game, we could add two players ability, for a editor program,
a compression function. But if the library is not installed, the
function is disabled and the program can be ran.

What do you think about ?

Benoit SCHERRER
E-Mail : mailto:p.c.scherrer@wanadoo.fr
Web :    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scherrer

(just a last thing : I know we could do that with a normal fargo program
and a function that modify the program before running it, like i make
with PCTools98 viewers, but a new fargo extension with kernel function
would be very good)