Re: A92: About Bin files.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: About Bin files.

VINCENT VIVES wrote:

> It's me again.
> Thanx for all the answers, but Aaron can you tell me how can I create
> these
> Bin files. ( Mathieu Lacage told me a way to do this but for a Cosinus
> table).
> I mean for example, if I want to store some graphics in it ?

There is a very nice tool to convert .TGA graphics into binary files
that can be included (by INCBIN) to your programs. It's name is
UGPConv. I programmed it to convert .TGA files to a special format
(that I named UGP), that can easyly be displayed by the UGP library:

	INCLUDE "uglib.h"

	XDEF	_main
	XDEF	_comment

_main:	lea	UGP_Picture(PC),a0
	jsr	ugplib::AutoDisp	; display this picture centered
					; and wait for keypress afterwards
	rts

_comment: 	dc.b "...",0
UGP_Picture:	INCBIN "MyPict.UGP"

	END

The conversion and display routines support 1, 2 and 3 plane
graphics, compression, animations... All these information are
stored within a short header in the picture, that's why the
display is so easy.

If you're interested in UGPConv, I will send it to you. I wasn't
able to release UGPConv 2 yet.

bye,
							David Kühling