A92: Re: Real-time Syntax Highlighting Editor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: Real-time Syntax Highlighting Editor

> Hy,
>
>I am making a real-time syntax highlighting editor for
>Fargo Program Editor v2.0 under Win32.
>
>The functions for drawing the formatted text are finished
>and very fast. (I even think I will convert them to asm)
>The only problem is that now I have to make the editor
>component, with scrolling, selection, tab, ....  and thousands
>of other features.
>I would like to know if someone had the source code of such a text
>editor under Win32. I really NEED one ! So if you have one,
>could you mail me ? and we could make a small team for
>building the real-time Syntax Highlightin editor.
>Or do you have any WEB adress where I could find it ?
>
>It would be SO WONDERFUL !! If we have
>a simple text editor, I could very easly add my
>powerful real-time Syntax Highlighting functions.

There is a piece of code called CodeMax.  POV-Ray's editor uses
it.  It allows you to syntax hilight basically anything.  It
must have built-in support for C/C++, BASIC, HTML, etc because
the POV-Ray editor allows you to change to those modes.  But
POV-Ray also implimented their LANGUAGE.  I'd see no problem
looking into this.  You can STILL use FPE but with the syntax
hilighting...

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
E-Mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com