Re: A92: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Link Port

This happened to me.  There's no real way to fix it (supposedly)
except sending the calc into TI to get it fixed.  You better hope
it's still under warrenty, cause if it isn't it'll cost you $105 or so
to get it fixed.  The good news is they won't actually bother to fix it--
you'll get a new calc (perhaps not with rom 1.12)  If you know
anyone who's an electrician or something they _might_ be
able to fix it.  Also I think someone said something about a kit
to fix it on this list a couple months ago, but I can't remember.

     Daniel Plaisted
     -dsplaisted@bigfoot.com
     ICQ - 10360037

On Mon, 11 May 1998 20:10:59 -0500 "Dan Sherman" <sher0209@tc.umn.edu>
writes:

>------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BD7D18.EA81BCA0
>
>OK, this is a bit off topic, so if you don't like that, read no
>further. =
> But if you don't mind, I'd appreciate some help.
>
>The other day, the little ring around the top of my 92's link port
>broke =
>off, not completely, but enough so that my link no longer stay's in =
>place.  As you can probably imagine, this really sucks.  I can usually
>=
>hold it in place with my free hand, but this rapidly begins to tick me
>=
>off.  Both because I broke my favorite toy (yes i said toy; admit it,
>=
>it's yours too, you subsribe to this list), and because I've got a
>calc =
>final coming up and I have no desire to type all my programs in by
>hand =
>when they're all on my computer.  Anyway, if anybody knows what I'm =
>talking about, has had this problem, knows what to do....
>HELP ME!!
>TIA
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
>-------
>
>Dan Sherman aka Sterling
>sher0209@tc.umn.edu
>http://members.tripod.com/~Qaws
>"Would you be prepared if gravity reversed itself?"
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BD7D18.EA81BCA0
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' name=3DGENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>OK, this is a bit off topic, so if
>=
>you don't=20
>like that, read no further.&nbsp; But if you don't mind, I'd
>appreciate =
>some=20
>help.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=3D2>The other day, the little ring around the top of
>my =
>92's link=20
>port broke off, not completely, but enough so that my link no longer =
>stay's in=20
>place.&nbsp; As you can probably imagine, this really sucks.&nbsp; I
>can =
>usually=20
>hold it in place with my free hand, but this rapidly begins to tick
>me=20
>off.&nbsp; Both because I broke my favorite toy (yes i said toy; admit
>=
>it, it's=20
>yours too, you subsribe to this list), and because I've got a calc
>final =
>coming=20
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]