A92: Re: correctly romdumping

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: correctly romdumping

>I've tried about 2 programs that are suppose to take the ROMdump from my
>calculator.  Both programs didn't work.  Exactly what I did:
>
>1) Did the fargoII setup--it worked.
>2) Placed phoenix in my ti-92--played it, liked it, let friends play
>3) thought "hmmm, I want to do that 92 emulation on the computer"
>4) downloaded the emu92 thing
>5) read the documentation
>6) sent romdump and romdump2 to my ti-92 with the correct libraries
>7) downloaded two programs that state "get romdump"
>8) read both documentation, said something like "run the program on the
>calculator and then run the program on the computer"
>9) ran romdump and then ran the first program, waited, nothing
>10) ran romdump2 and then ran the first program, waited, nothing
>11) ran romdump and then ran the second program, waited, nothing
>12) ran romdump2 and then ran the second program, waited, nothing
>13) even tried running the first and second program before running
>romdump and romdump2, waited, nothing
>
>I can't get my rom from my calculator.  YES, I did have my ti-graphlink
>plugged in, and yes, I told the programs which COM port it was in.  I
>did everything I was suppose to do.  The calculator started showing
>hexadecimal numbers that looked like a pointer to the ROM, but the
>program on the computer did nothing.
>
>-Rob
>ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
>e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com
>e-mail2:rc_ware@yahoo.com
>e-mail3:rc_ware@geocities.com
>webpage:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4049/index.html

Woah!  With a graphlink, it's a little bit different.  Start up
hyperterminal, and set it to 8n1 @ 9600 baud, connected to the com port
where your graphlink is plugged into. (I'm assuming windows, here.)  Select
Start Capture, and run the text version of RomDump on the 92.  When that's
done (Remember, 1 meg @ 9600!) Run
romconv [insert capture file name here] rom.92
It comes with Fargo
There you go!