Re: A92: ti-92 encode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: ti-92 encode

All this stuff you're talking about already exists.  It really gets to be a
pain when a newbie comes in complaining that everything is hard to do.  There
is a doc telling you what the TI-BASIC programs are tokenized to, though you
don't need to go through the mem and try to read the tokens...there's not much
of a reason, just use the program editor.  There are programs that list
libraries.  Tim Gerla had one for Fargo I called liblist, I don't know if it
exists for Fargo II.  PC Tools 98 will list libraries for you.  If a program
requires strange libaries, usually is will tell you in the docs.  Anyway, the
list of tokens is in a file called files.txt, which is somewhere on
ticalc.org, I think.  Now...to all newbies:  Please put some effort in
yourself.  Don't come to us the second you have any problem.  This list is for
discussing TI-92 assembly programming and such, not for teaching newbies how
to program.  If you look for info on ticalc.org, in program docs, and in the
fargo docs and can't find it, then ask.  However, very often info you ask for
is in one of those places.  Then you say that it's too much of a pain to find.
If you look though, you will almost always find out something else that you
didn't know along the way, which will help in the future.  I read through the
new parts of the docs every time a new version of fargo comes out, they are
very helpful.  You're not going to convince me that your time is more valuable
than mine, though I know in previous emails you have tried that.  Just put
some effort in yourself, and you will get a much more positive response from
list members.