Re: A92: fargo.txt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: fargo.txt

   It's a really complex way of saying that you don't need to know what it
means, but it's nifty.  Basically, David added a couple of fields to the
program header, each 4 bytes long, which contain some readable data like
'APPL', 'DLL ', and 'EXE '.  This data is examined by Fargo before running a
program to be sure the data is correct.  If not, then the program is not run.
 This way you can write programs and libraries which Fargo ignores but you can
still call for yourself.
   Very few people will need this feature, but  it's nice to have (my new OS
may be using it for the libraries and module-linking, depending on how far I
get).

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu

Follow-Ups: References: