Re: A92: some fargo questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: some fargo questions

Much of the information you requested is included in the fargo zip...  Go in
the doc directory and read the file mem.zip.  If you're going to be
programming for fargo, I highly recommend that you read all the files in the
doc directory all the way through, to get a feel for various parts of the
programming.  also, in the asm\include (I think) directory, read tios.h,
flib.h, all the .h files, as they have the names of the library routines and
stuff for you to use (as well as names for the various useful memory
locations, such as video mem).  Also, since you're programming for Fargo II,
don't use the numeric address of the video mem or any numeric addresses for
important parts of ram, because these change for different rom versions.  Just
use the symbols, such as LCD_MEM for the video memory.  Files are extremely
complicated (though there will be file routines in Fargo 0.3.0, but that
hasn't come out yet).  At this point, you need to be a pretty experienced
programmer to use files.  Sorry.  Hope I helped.