Re: A92: 92 external kbd

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92 external kbd

>Ritchie Argue wrote:
>
>> >To attach an external keyboard, you would most likely have to build and
>> >adaptor and write a driver for it.  In the driver is where you should
>> >remap the keys.  BTW, it would be great if the user could change which
>> >keys do what.  Yes, TSRs can be done on the TI-92.  Personally, with
>> >enough information about the keyboard and linkport, I don't think it
>> >would be too hard to make something like this.
>> >--

>I'm not quite sure, but isn't it unneccesary, to write a driver, because the
>TI-92 is capeable of a remote-controll - mode, that does all this for you?
>Perhaps you just have to send the keycodes, as documented in the TI-92's
>manual? (of course, just 2nd can't be send, only combinations such as
>2nd+F1...)

As far as I can see, the 92 only automatically supports ascii chars, so you
can't even press f1, or arrow keys or anything.  What I was hoping to do is
mix the supported remote mode with a driver that can catch special packets
that will be defined for the rest of the keys, and then pass it on to the
os.  In this way we should be able to use an external keyboard entirely,
without needing the onboard one.  This isn't _really_ that useful, since
the main thing that you'll be doing with an ext.kbd is writing text files,
but I would like to be able to support arrow keys etc.

Ritchie