Re: A92: PROPOSAL: TI-89/92 Screen Library

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: PROPOSAL: TI-89/92 Screen Library

I suggested a solution to the problem... make the screen buffer on the
89 the same size as the one on the 92... but only display 100x160
pixels of it or whatever the size of the screen is.  This would greatly
help programmers... Another idea is if we use a PutSprite routine,
which is different on both calculators.  I _think_ that sprites are about
the only time when you write directly to the memory... I dunno.
     Daniel Plaisted
     -dsplaisted@bigfoot.com

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:44:49 EST NDStein <NDStein@aol.com> writes:

>I have said this several times so far, but thank you for saying it
again.
>Assembly-92 members: Please just think about it, stop with the ideas
like
>that, it would be unreadable.  I don't know how many people have
suggested
>things along those lines so far, but it wouldn't work.  A full screen
TI-92
>program just would not work on the 89, that's all there is to it.  Think
about
>this for a second.  Say the ratio of the number of vertical pixels on
the 89
>to the number of vertical pixels on the 92 was 3:4.  Then a 92 program
would
>have to take four pixels and squish them into the space of three.  Say
the
>pixels on the 92 screen were alternating black, white, black, white.
What
>would you change this to on the 89?  The only possibility I can think of
is
>programs that are written for the 89 and displayed as centered in the
92's
>screen.  This would require a library and many library calls, hence very
slow.
>Most programs use direct memory access for graphics (on the calcs
anyway).  On
>the 92, a row is 30 bytes.  On the 89 I think it would be 20 bytes.  So
you
>can not just change the address.  I don't like having to put down
everybody's
>ideas, but I'd rather do that than have some kid go off and work on a
>graphics
>library that is very slow and no one uses.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: