Re: A92: Update on Fargo / TI-92 Plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 18:04 1998-06-26 -0400, you wrote:

>>Will you still be maintaining the Fargo for the old calcs? If you actually
>>make it compatible with all three sorts, well, that would be amazing! ;-)
>

>Yeah.. perhaps have a flag to tell the programmer what calc it is running on
>to change the screen geometry, etc..
>
>Rob

I was thinking about the ROM 1.x, ROM 2.1 and Plus... making one program
fit both the 92 and the 89 is downright stupid IMHO, it would be easier to
write one version for each (assuming someone actually has both calcs).

For instance, the screen on the 89 is longword-wide (5 longwords, 5*4*8 =
16 pixels) whereas the 92 is word-wide (15*2*8 = 240), thus radically
changing my own approach to copying the playing field of Tinx2 (note: the
fact that you fool the TI-92 into thinking it has a 32 bytes wide screen is
unimportant ;-)  ).

Anyone here programming on the 83/86? How much information has TI provided?
Any software, like an assembler or a linker? How about documentation, or
beginner texts? You can get all of those and more for Fargo :)

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

Verence would rather cut his own leg off than put a witch in prison, since
it'd save trouble in the long run and probably be less painful.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)