Re: A92: Some 68k questions again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:49 1998-06-12 +0200, you wrote:

>What does this 'x' in some instructions mean?
>
>Example:
>
> addx.b d0,d0
>
>Or what is this:
>
> roxr.b #1,d0
>
>Is this something similar like the 'ror' instruction?
>
>I need this explanation for our Fargo Pascal Compiler!

It means that the instructions will use the eXtended bit as their carry-in.
You normally use this to add/multiply/etc numbers that are bigger than 32
bits.

For example:
move.l	#%10000000000000000000000000000000,d0
move.l	#0,d1
lsl.l		#1,d0
roxl.l		#1,d1

Would make d0.l = 0, but d1.l = 1.

Your example, "addx.b d0,d0", would simply add the X bit to d0.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

Remember, A Dragon is For Life, Not Just for Hogswatchnight
        -- Motto of The Sunshine Home for Sick Dragons in Morphic Street,
           Please Leave Donations of Coal by Side Door.
           (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)