A92: [ad] Expander II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: [ad] Expander II

Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know that the Expander II is
finally finished and working flawlessly with the TI-92. If you
remember last year I designed the first TI-92 memory expander
but then temporarily discontinued it until I could finish its
replacement. Welp the new one is here... I will be optimizing
the Fargo II driver and re-designing the UI in the next few
weeks, as well as finishing up the TI-8X drivers.

If you have any electronics experience, you can order the
AT90S1200 chip from me and obtain all the other components
needed to build the device from online electronics distributors.
Not counting shipping, you can build your own in an evening
for under $30 USD if you are fairly proficient in electronics.

I am selling the AT90S1200 chips for $15 each, and would
appreciate it if you contacted me as soon as possible if
you'd like one. The Expander II has a module port that
lets you interface pretty much anything to the TI-92.
I don't believe anyone has yet figured out how to reliably
control the TI-92 link port lines individually, so it
looks like the E2 is about the only way to add on hardware
to this awesome calculator.

The E2 is not a replacement for the TI-92 Plus, and I do
not want to put it in direct competition with it. The
E2 connects via the link port, and thus is somewhat
slower... but it costs much less, offers 6 calculator
controllable I/O lines, and works with existing Fargo and
Fargo II programs. Even if you have a TI-92 Plus, I hope
you will consider looking over the E2 project homepage.

For those software guys out there, I will be releasing
a fairly large amount of source in the weeks to come
showing how the E2 is accessed by the calculator and how
you can use it in your upcoming programs... Needless to
say the TI-92 could handle some pretty awesome games
and applications with the extra memory.

If you'd like to buy a finished unit, you will need to
contact one of the project subcontractors. Please
see the Order page, located off the main project site.

As always, the E2 home site is at
http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/eii/

Regards,

Bryan