Re: A92: TIOS::KB_VARS+$?? and Keyboard Matrix (ATTN: David Ellsworth)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:10 1998-01-17 -0600, you wrote:

>Okay,
>
>Cyiode, Sasq, and I tried to interpret your explanination.  We finally
>decided that we had to disable auto-int-1.  This worked on my calc (ROM 1.3)
>but Cy's (ROM 1.7?) didn't work.  I would hit the ESC key and it would also
>shutdown Fbrowser... Is there a way to clear the matrix so that no other
>program will be affected?

The keybuffer is not directly linked to the matrix, other than code that
decodes it. I think that if you disable auto-int 2, the calc will not put
the key values in the buffer, simply because the relevant code to do so is
never called. Exactly what auto-int 1 does is unclear (LCD refresh?).

To stop FBrowser exiting after the prog, just insert this code before RTS:ing:

	move.w		#0,tios::kb_vars+$1C	;Reset key buffer tail
	move.w		#0,tios::kb_vars+$1E	;...and head
	move.w		#0,tios::kb_vars+$22	;...and current size.

>>>David,
>>>
>>>This is a piece of code to wait for the ESC key...
>>>
>>>      waitKeyPressLoop:
>>>        tst.w   tios::kb_vars+$1C
>>>        beq     waitKeyPressLoop
>>>        move.w  tios::kb_vars+$1E,d0
>>>        clr.w   tios::kb_vars+$1C
>>>        cmp.w   #$0108,d0
>>>        beq     exit
>>>        bra     waitKeyPressLoop
>>>
>>>How does the tios::kb_vars relate to the matrix?  Is this just a reference
>>>to the buffer?
>>
>>I would suggest scrapping that and switching to...
>>
>>waitEsc:
>> jsr flib::idle_loop
>> cmp.w #$0108,d0
>> beq exit
>> bra waitEsc
>>
>>>Could you please explain how to use the table in lowlevel.txt with the
>>>ti-92?
>>
>>It is all explained in perfect detail if you read carefully enough...maybe
>>I'll include a sample keyboard matrix program with a later version of
>Fargo.
>>
>>---
>>David Ellsworth
>>davidell@earthling.net
>>IRC: eXocomp
>>ICQ: 2300673

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

The students were staring at her in the manner of those who have heard of
the species 'female' but have never expected to get this close to one.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)