Re: A92: Rom dump? ATTN: Shawn Prestridge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 07:16 AM 1/16/98 -0600, Shawn Prestridge wrote:
>Sorry, I did not realize that you had switched methods!!  However, in
>contradiction to what NDStein wrote, that IS a defect in the GraphLink
>software.  GL is supposed to check the size of the image before sending,
>and verify that it is of the correct length.  As you mention, it obviously
>does not!

Actually, I believe it _does_ check the RAM size, just not in the way you'd
expect -- it sets a flag in the 92B header specifying whether or not the
calc has 256K of RAM.

>When we started working on the 92E, we knew that we were going to make a
>TI-92+ (of course, we did not know the nomenclature of the product at that
>juncture).  Some programmers who worked on the 92 went on to other projects
>we are developing, and their modules were subsequently adopted by the
>remaining programmers.  The remaining programmers have carte blanche to
>move the modules in any way seen fit.  It is possible in so doing that
>somebody screwed up a makefile.

I see. Quite interesting.

>Sorry, can't answer that one!!  But hopefully in the not so distant
>future, you will all have a 92+ module, and you'll find this out for
>yourselves!!

I will definately buy one the moment they hit the market :-)

>No problem.  There's no harm in asking, so feel free to ask!!

Thanks!

---
David Ellsworth
davidell@earthling.net