A92: Compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Compression

Now, when  my compression project is almost finished, Fargo II appeares,
and I will
have to modify all :-((((.
I never put any program to ticalc.org, yet so I want to ask you for
suggestions,
where to put the programs on ticalc.org (lib/dos-utilities...?), or
wether to put
them seperate or all together?

My project included the following:
 * a compression program with all skills that hufflib has, but faster
and smaller-compressing
 * a library for displaying a special graphics format, that contain all
information needed
    in its header (only one display function for 1,2,3plane-pictures,
interleaved/noninterleaved,
    compressed/uncompressed, animation/picture), I called this graphics
file format .ugp
    (universal graphics), and programed a .tga->all kinds of ugp
converter
 * a compression program for .92p - files (it will allow you to put more
games on
    your  TI-92), these .92p - files are compressed into an archive, and
compiled
    (together with names and even program comments) as an executeable
file.
    If you execute this file, it will just be like a subdirectory, all
files are
    displayed, and if you chose one, it is uncompressed into a temporary
mem-
    block and executed with core[exec]. (I just finished it yesterday
and tried it
    with galaxian and galaga92, the time needed for uncompression was
less
    than 1 sec!, and the executeable file was about 6200Byte (instead of
8500,
    when uncompressed))

Because I have only internet access from my school and on fridays, I
will get Fargo II at
friday, modify the programs will take some weeks, and then I will have
to get out,
how to put it to ticalc.org, at another friday, so it will unfortunately
take some time
      :-(((