A92: About RTE...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: About RTE...

>I read the sources of TIPong and Raptor92. They both use an interrupt >which only executes RTE.
>What is this supposed to do ?

>Thanks,
>Jimmy Monin
>92ii@geocities.com

	Hello !
I am the man who began to write Raptor92.

What there is in Raptor92 and in TIPong is a "tips to disable interrupts and using grayscale" (which use interrupt).

Indeed the execution of the interrupt uses a lot of time for a game. We could disabled all the interrupts, but the grayscale would not work.

So the tip is to change the interrupt routine with an other where there is only "rte". It use pratically no time. (Do you understand my poor english ?)
Then we turn ON grayscales, and it is the ONLY interrupt routine. (with rte)

Bye !

Benoit SCHERRER
p.c.scherrer@wanadoo.fr