A92: Fargo on Mac (ATTN: David Ellsworth)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Fargo on Mac (ATTN: David Ellsworth)

>  David Ellsworth wrote :
>I'm perfectly fine using Macs, and have even
>done some programming on them in the past.

In this case, why not porting fargo stuff on the Mac ?

If you doesn't want to do it yourself (I can understand that, you make
already a great work with fargo), you could provide the source code in C,
and I could try to compile it on Mac.

>One more example. Most Mac text editors *still* don't provide good keyboard
>shortcuts. Most of them still don't provide hotkeys to go to the beginning and
>end of the current line or document. When they do, it's not standard. And, the
>way Shift-cursor works in most Mac text editors is very annoying: it always
>enlarges the text selection, requiring you to start from scratch if you go
>too far.

Which Text editor are you using ?
BBEdit Lite (for example)work very good for me and drag'n drop is very useful.
I could find on PC bad editors too ;-).

>Finally, I am not "Mac-a-phobic". I'm perfectly fine using Macs, and have even
>done some programming on them in the past. It's simply that I find that the PC
>platform currently has supierior software, and that includes the operating
>system. MacOS 8 still has the annoying habit of using system-modal dialogs
>*way* too often.
You prefer perhaps the blue screens of windows' errors ?

_________________	 Think Different
Arthur PETRY
mail: petry@club-internet.fr  web: http://www.mygale.org/~apetry