Re: A92: Why there haven't been Fargo updates for a while...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Why there haven't been Fargo updates for a while...

>Another example. Our new scanner, which came free with the Mac, is a lot
>easier to use on my PC under Windows than on the Mac. On the Mac, I can't
>acquire scans directly into PhotoShop; I have to start the scan program
>separately, save it as a picture file, then open the picture file in
>PhotoShop. (Not to mention that the scan program is system-modal.) Sure,
>PhotoShop has some scanning stuff in the Import submenu, but none of it is
>compatible with the Mac drivers for this scanner. It seems there is no Mac
>standard for scanning, analogous to TWAIN for Windows. Maybe I'm wrong -- I've
>done no research on it yet.

Photoshop has TWAIN support, you just need the TWAIN plug-in for that
scanner, possibly on the web site, to make it work...

...and sorry for my sudden outburst. It just angers me how everyone thinks
macs are trash, when in fact, they aren't. The new G3 266 PPC is 2.1 times
faster than a 300 PII. And Apple is on the rise again. As soon as Rhapsody
hits the market, NT will be wetting its pants...

-late
bg