Re: A92: Mac Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Mac Program

> Is there a compiler for Fargo for Mac users?  I've recently had to switch to
> Mac and wasn't sure.  Thanks.

   I've just finished porting C4Fargo to work with Fargo II.  I'm not as happy
with it as I could be.. I've had to include a jump table which duplicates what
is already inside the Fargo Core.  The more complex Library loading and
relocation format has proven to be beyond the capabilities of a basic C-level
assembler.  *sigh*
   ---- PERHAPS, David would like to extend the kernel library to include calls
to the library load and unload routines?  Especially the routine which performs
the relocations?  Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink.. ;)

   I'll probably release this RSN.  I've also revamped the Raven Core, but I'm
re-writing the modules from scratch.  I've got a disassembler with symbolic
displays planned for one module.  It now runs WITHOUT any interrupts at all..
This significantly improves Raven's error catching and recovery ability.
 However, all this is paid for in size.  With all the modules loaded, it may
exeed 8K in size.  We'll see..

   Has anyone tested the version of System Stabilizer I posted a few days back?
 This is the new escape to shell routine Raven will use and I wanted to be sure
it worked well.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu