A92: MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

To all MultiASM users:

(I apologize for the release of a new version so soon after
the last.  But this feature is worth the download!)

If you are like me, your source files have extensive comments.
My [i3] project current contains seven modules (and that is
expected to almost double).  I have 12 lines of comments in
the beginning of each file to explain its purpose and to keep
track of its revision history.  So already my final source
output has 84 lines of useless text.  I realized that the
final source would only be used to compile, so I added a new
feature to MultiASM.

MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

For those comments that do not need to be there, we have a
new command-line option.  The "--small" option tells MultiASM
to strip out comments hence reducing this output to basically
the smallest possible file.  My [i3] project was 9114 bytes
with only seven modules.  That puts the average modules size
exactly at 1302 bytes.  However, after using the new feature,
the output size is down to 726 bytes.  This means that about
92% of my source is comments.  A68K will probably be thanking
me for not shoving a whole bunch of useless data in its pipe!

http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/MultiASM/

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
E-Mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com