A92: Recovering from Crashes on the 92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Recovering from Crashes on the 92+

It seems to me that the memory in the Archive
isn't erased when the 92+ crashes, just the
references to it in the VAT are (This is just a
guess).  If this is true we might be able to do
some sort of crash recovery program.  We
store data we want to keep in the archive and
then we store a special program at a fixed
address (Probably the end) of the archive.
Then when the calc crashes all we have to
do is use the exec() command to add an
entry for that program to the vat table.  Then
we just copy that program to the main mem,
and when we run it it gets all the other data
out of the memory.  The problem is the string
we'd have to use with exec() might be a bit long,
but I think it would still be worth investigating :)

Daniel Plaisted
dsplaisted@bigfoot.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]