Re: A92: 92+ asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92+ asm

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Niklas Brunlid <e96nbr@efd.lth.se>
An: assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org>
Datum: Montag, 10. August 1998 00:09
Betreff: Re: A92: 92+ asm

>At 09:37 1998-08-09 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>In a message dated 8/9/98 7:21:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
e96nbr@efd.lth.se
>>writes:
>>
>>> One thing I'm curious about is if there will ever be a $5 parallel cable
>>>  link program that handles Flashing... I'd hate to have to buy TI:s
>>>  over-priced link cable just for that single purpose :(
>>
>>I would think that you'd need TI's overpriced link cable.  If I remember
>>correctly, the updated rom images are in executable format, so they're
>made to
>>install themselves to the calc, not to be installed with another program.
>>That brings up the obvious idea of extracting the ROM from the executable.

In Real, the Flash Installer is an executable zipped file, which extracts
itsels in the Temporary Windows Folder, while being executed.
(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~WZS104B.TMP\)
YOU DO:
Start the Windows Explorer. Execute the ti92base.exe(FlashInstaller) file.
Switch to the Explorer and copy the two files in the temporary folder to a
new folder. Switch back to the Flash Installer and Exit.
Now you have got the flashd.exe (program) and the 980521ac.tib (data) files
in the new folder.

TImeless Software
Klaus Lukaschek
lukas1@xpoint.at