A92: Re: TI92Plus vs TI92II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: TI92Plus vs TI92II

At 22:50 1998-08-09 -0500, you wrote:
>PLEASE run tests on the 92+ and 92II if you can. I would like to
>buy the Plus module, but it had better offer a speed increase if it's
>going to cost me 70 bucks.

 Assembly:
I converted Jimmy Mårdell's Torus demo to the 92+ (I will release it if he
allows it). I ran 1000 frames (with lines) and timed it. Results:
92+:	01:16, ca 13 FPS
92II:	01:15, ca 13 FPS
92:	7-8 FPS (according to torus.txt), i.e. ca 02:13

 BASIC:
randMat(50,50) -> a : pi*a -> b
92+:	01:09
92II:	00:56

It would seem like the 92+ is every bit as fast as the 92II/92E in
assembly, just like I expected. I can't explain the difference in BASIC,
but I'd bet it has something to do with routines having been re-written to
handle the Archive memory or womething like that.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

REMIND ME AGAIN, he said, HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE.
        -- Death on symbolic last games
           (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)