Re: A92: learning assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: learning assembly

Take a look at Jimmy Mardell's manual.  It's at ticalc.org.

TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> can someone help me by telling me what all the instructions do (like sub,
> mulu, divu, ext., etc...) and the ROM calls?  or at least direct me to where
> they are documented.  thanks.  and also things like:
>
> move.w  #$4F6,D4
> how do you get 4F6?

Not sure what you are asking.  $4f6 is just a number.

> what does "updating" a register do? (like A0-A7)

"Updating" means changing the value to one that is most current.  Specifically,
in the case of the stack pointer (A7), when you push things onto stack you
either have to pop them back or update the stack pointer (i.e.. restore it to
the value it had before you pushed).  Failure to do that will prevent you from
returning from the subroutine (a Fargo program is technicaly a subroutine), and
a crash will soon follow.

--
Anton Ivanov
ivanova@ucs.orst.edu