RE: A92: IDEA

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A92: IDEA

>Boy I just had a weird idea.  Could someone write a Windows program that
>would read an asm file and create a flowchart based on labels that begin
>with, say, capital letters or that do not begin with "/".  That would be
>so cool!  But that's not all.  It should be more like a development
>environment, where you would start with an object (a box) called
>"_main", you would double-click on that object, and a window would pop
>up, allowing you to attach code to that object (the code that goes under
>the label _main).  Then you would press a button, and bang! a new object
>created, and you name it Sub1.  With a movement of a mouse you connect
>"Sub1" to" _main" with a line!  Clicking on the line changes the nature
>of the link (bsr or bxx, in the case of the latter, you choose on the
>pop-up menu which one).  The appropriate bsr, bra, rts statements are
>automatically inserted at the current cursor positions.  And thus you
>create a program, first constructing the sceleton of objects, then
>attaching code to them, having several child windows open only for the
>objects you're working on.
>
>Such an interface would greatly facilitate deciphering other peoples
>code, creating modular, bugless, easy to maintain programs, cutting
>development time greatly, etc.
>
>I would take a shot at it, but unfortunately my knoweledge of Windows
>programming is very shallow, to put it mildly.  I know however, that
>many people on this list are very talented Windows programmers.  If this
>environment could be integated with B. Scherrer's upcoming development
>kit, it would be super!
>
>So, any takers?

I am sure I will add a Label Window to Fargo Program Editor 2.0, where
you will be able to jump to any labels of the program.
But for the graphical programmation, I don't know...
The only problem is that currently I stopped the program. So it won't
be released before a while... But I swear I will soon work again
on this project.

Benoit SCHERRER
Fargo Program Editor Author
p.c.scherrer@wanadoo.fr