Re: A92: Assembly error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Assembly error

fi97 Sacha KAERCHER wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've a problem : when I assemble a fargo prog (dos), sometimes the result is a
> corrupted 92p file which causes a crash 'illegal instrucion' with a bug free
> prog. I boot my computer and everything is ok.

I have this problem sometimes.  I think sometimes flinker just doesn't do its job
very well, and jsr instructions going to ROM simply read jsr $00000000.  This is
not however, an assembly error.  This error is usually preceded by a "page fault"
error produced by the flinker.  From then on, this will continue to happen until
you reboot yout computer or restart the DOS session several times (under Windows).