Re: A92: A quick method to fill rectangles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: A quick method to fill rectangles

>    I am just making a Tunnel-game for fargo II and  released the very
>beginning of this game because I had sevral problems  : Does somebody know
>a fast method to FILL  rectangles with solid BLACK in assembly ?

	You can use the 'fill' function of the graphlib library.
	The parameters are described in graphlib.h

> How is it possible to scroll the screen without  redrawing all the screen
? >(like a screenshot maybe  ???)

	Here is an example if you want to scroll one row up:

	lea		LCD_MEM,a0	;screen adress in a0
	lea		LCD_MEM+30,a1	;load screen adress + 1 row
	move.w		#1904,d0	;1905 - 1 into d0.
\scroll move.w	(a1)+,(a0)+	;moves 16 pixels to the upper line
	dbra		d0,\scroll	;reapeats 1905 times to move the entire 					;screen.

I have not tested it so I'm not sure it perfectly works, but your scroll
procedure should look like this.
	So here you have moved 1905*2= 3810 bytes = (screen size - 1 row)
	So you have scrolled one row up.
	If you want to scroll more than one row up you have to change a1 and d0
values.

---Doors Team
xavassor@infonie.fr

Doors Team