Re: A92: Pass1/Pass2 phase error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 20:13 1997-09-22 -0700, you wrote:
>Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>>
>> I got this reply on my quastion about the "labels limitation" bug in
>> A68K:
>>
>> >Subject: Pass1/Pass2 phase error
>> >Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:33:54 +0200
>> >From: fi97 Guillaume POTHIER <guillaume.pothier@eleve.emn.fr>
>> >
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >I had the same problem and the solution I found was to add A LOT of
>> labels
>> at
>> >the end of the source code :
>> >False001:
>> >False002:
>> >False003:
>> >  :
>> >  :
>> >  :
>> >etc
>>
>> This worked for Tinx, but I had to add some 50+ phony labels after
>> prog_name.
>And this would have what effect???  :)

It cures the bug that appears when you have too many lines and/or labels in
your code. Well, obviously the bug does something else since it can be
beaten in this way.

The original (Amiga) version does not have this bug. Probably some
difference in memory handling.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

"Chap with a whip got as far as the big sharp spikes last week," said
the low priest.
        -- Life in the Temple of Offler
           (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)