A92: ti92 internals

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: ti92 internals

I am planning to add my own stuff into my TI92, and I would like someone
who knows to tell me if this is possible or not, and if it is possible,
what problems I would I be likely to hit... (other than standard
debugging...)

I plan to solder my own decoder chips up to the data and address buses to
add in my own I/O ports and my own ROM chip(s).  The rom chips would
have functions in them on how to run the new I/O ports.  If I were to
compile these functions as fargo programs, would I be able to use the
core[exec] function to call them?

I also need to know what part of RAM fargo is stored in, and what part of
RAM the OS is stored in.  Basically, I plan on corrupting the OS memory,
but I need to keep Fargo in tact.  I need to know which part of memory I
can corrupt.  Once my driver program is running, I don't plan on
returning to the OS, so I can use that portion of memory as I like.

Thanks,
Chris
clambert@geneva.edu