A92: 2.1 vs. 1.11 (ROM ver)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: 2.1 vs. 1.11 (ROM ver)

I felt that this needs a little bottling-of-the-edge.

The very latest release of 92 code is the 1.12 (pronounced "one point twelve"),
and is dated 05/08/96.  The only release for the 92E is version 2.1, and I'm
not sure of its date (I only have a beta of it on my desk).  The 92E is
available ONLY in Europe, and cannot be bought in the US.

The standard protocol for updates to ROMs is as follows.  If you find a defect
in the calculator for which there isn't a workaround and it interferes with
your normal usage of the calculator, TI will replace the ROM with the latest
code by having you send the unit to us, and then we will send the unit back to
you.  I assure that there the differences between the 1.11 and 1.12 are
negligible to the average user.  I hope this clears any misconceptions.

Regards,
Shawn Prestridge
Texas Instruments, Inc.
Educational & Productivity Solutions