Re: A92: romconv problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: romconv problem

Florent Zara wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  i've read all your conversation about "romconv problem", and i've
> tried, but i'm french and there is a place in this text i can't
> understand (i put it into **...**) could you explain it to me in easy
> words ?
>             Thanx you (Email directly if you don't want to overload this
> list)
>            Florent Zara
>            zara@club-internet.fr
>
> Kevin Barnhart wrote:
>
> > Yeah,  the gray graphlink cable.  Use the Hyperterminal program that ships
> > with windows 95 (or something similar), set the baud rate to 9600 and the
> > port to com2 (or wherever you have your cable plugged into).  Don't bother
> > to do any of the modem setup garbage, as long as you get connected to your
> > calc.  Then just go up to the bar and choose capture text.  It will ask you
> > for a text file ** to dump the stuff into and I find it handy to have a text
> > file already created before I start the hyperterminal program**.  After you
> > have the file selected just hit yes (or whatever the next command is on the
> > dialog box), and run the romdump2 program (ASCII version) on your calc.  You
> > should almost immediately see ascii come up on the screen.  The dump should
> > take about 15 min (approximately) since your speed is 9600 and you have an
> > entire meg to dump.  From here on I can't seem to get the rest to work.  Let
> > me know if you do.
> >
> > Kevin Barnhart
> > itstmp2@wmc.edu

Hey Florent!
	** to dump[receive/download/capture] the stuff[incoming text (hopefully
the rom) from the 92] into and I find it handy to have a text file
already created [have a file 0 bytes long already named and, well,
created] before I start the hyperterminal program**

I hope that helps!  If not, we'll see what we can do.....
				Jeremy Braun