Re: A92: Java?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Java?

Okay...

I see your point about the class libs... But there is no reason
why a compiler could not take the "import java..???" statements
and hard code the function in the program.. No libraries would
be needed.  Anyway, I am guessing that most of the functions
in the libraries could not even be implimented on the 92, even
with 9MB of storage.  The java.awt would have to be implimented
for any graphical stuff.  A java.io implimentation would make the
i/o port easier to use.  Perhaps the work put into the Java stuff
would not work out for the best in the end.

My dad mentioned something about PIC chips.  People have
written compilers for the PIC for just about any language.  But,
Java is the language they want to write in.  Now of course, the
Java VM would not be implimented in a PIC chip set... There is
too much to the VM than can be stored in a EEPROM.  But the
syntax of Java could easily be used.  Likewise, this applys to
the TI-92... Instead of writing only Assembler, a Java compiler
could take the source code and make the object code without
needed any interpreter or extra libraries...

Personally, I would rather have my Visual Studio 97 (with
Visual C/C++) punch out optimized code for the Motorola
68000-family processors.  I have an old Amiga with a C
compiler. I'm sure that the object code, if not, a listing of
the output asm could make programming easier.  You could
probably take some of the more complex routines and write
them in C and have the compiler optimize.