A92: TI-92 Plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: TI-92 Plus

When you purchase the 92+, you will be provided with everything you need to
write ASAPs (Application Specific Assembly Programs).  The module will also
allow those with a Graph Link cable (I'm not sure if the homemade cables will
work with this (it needs to be tested)) to update their software to the latest
version.  In other words, there will be no more, "I have version 3.3, which one
do you have?"  Everyone will be able to download the latest released version
from the Web and put it on their calculator via the Graph Link cable.  Also, we
intend to have flavors of the 92+.  I cannot say what all this will entail, but
as was alluded to in the FAQ, at this time there are plans to have a flavor
that specifically deals with Engineering-type mathematics.  This particular
flavor is being researched by a company called DaVinci, and I believe (though
am not certain, because this is out of my domain), that they will be the ones
to market it.  The software updates from TI to bring your 92+ up to the latest
92+ code are free; the flavored code from DaVinci will not be free.  I do not
know what the prices will be for the DaVinci code, but being an EE and judging
from the list of things that will be on it (I can't tell you what is on it, so
please do not ask), it's well worth extra money.  You Engineering types in
college should really be excited about the symbollic diff eq solver!!

Regards,
Shawn Prestridge
Texas Instruments, Inc.
Educational & Productivity Solutions