re: LF: Math Question, possible ROM error..?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: LF: Math Question, possible ROM error..?

Perhaps, but as Bryan pointed out, the answer is not _mathematically_
correct.  The square root function is only defined on [0,oo), and as such
lim_{x->0} \sqrt(x) makes no sense (i.e. as Bryan pointed out, there is no
limit from the left)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Shawn Prestridge wrote:

> I apologize for my grammar in my last missive...  I was trying to multitask and
> do three things at once!!  I majored in Engineering, not English!!  However, if
> you plug 4 in for x, sqrt(x-4)=0, and the limit of zero is 0.  The answer is
> correct.
>
> Regards,
> Shawn Prestridge
> Texas Instruments, Inc.