Re: LF:help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF:help

>> > My graph link isn't working any more. I can't figure out why. I don't
>> > know if it is my calculator or my link (I have 2 serial ports so I don't
>> > think it is the computer.)  Does the calculator turn on when you put the
>> > link in?  I can't remember if it use to, but if it did it doesn't any
>> > more.
>> > Pleas help me,
>> > Jared Neilsen
>> When you plug the link into the 92 I/O port, it SHOULD turn RIGHT ON! If
>> it doesn't, then you should check your batteries on the calc. Plus if your
>> calc might have frozen from a fargo program and drained the power, you
>> might not see the screen. Try taking out ONE AA battery, waiting 10
>> seconds, putting it back in. There's always the reboot combination to try
>> [UPPER 2nd][HAND][ON]...(hopefully you had your crap backed up!) But if
>> all this fails, get new batteries. If this ain't what's wrong, then your
>> link cord is screwed.
>
>..or the TI92 linkport, which is what happened to me. And I cant fins
>my warranty papers which sucks. Does anyone know which circuit I may
>have blown and if it's possible to replace it?

possibility is the contacts INSIDE the linkport being broken or bent out of
place.  Jared, Is there any evidence of physical damage to the port?  I,
through normal use of the port, ended up with a broken port, and so I
returned it to TI without any means of telling that the calc was within
warranty other than the manufature date code on the reverse of the calc.
They accepted it (I DID, however, talk this over with TI before sending it,
and I think you should do the same.  Also, if you don't have the warranty
papers, any receipt that is dated will work.  I went through a month without
much calc use before sending it away.  Send it INSURED MAIL!!!! This is one
important way to be sure that nothing happens to it en route (also TI can't
say "I never got it").  I included a letter, and they returned a new calc
(w/ ROM v.1.12!!) to me promptly, with no charge whatsoever!
                                Rob