Re: LF: TI-92 Emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: TI-92 Emulator

> >         I think that a TI-92 Emulator For mac is possible because of
> > the same
> > processor (68k).  Also Upgrading the '92 with a better processor.
>
> Both of these ideas have been discussed before.  I don't know what's
> going on with the Mac, whether an emulator is being worked on or not,
> because I don't have a Mac.  As for upgrading the processor on the '92,
> if I remember correctly from the previous discussions, only the 68010
> processor has the same pin layout as the 68000.  All of the other 68xxx
> processors are not the same size (physically) as the 68k.  As for the
> machine language of the 68010, I don't think anyone was sure if it was
> the same.

Again: In the TI-92, there is not a 68000, there is a different processor,
with the same instruction set and timing. (SC414181 if I remember correctly).
It is in an SQFP package and thus almost inremovable. The only way to speed
it up would be overclocking it, but noone found a way to do that up to now.

Vojtech Pavlik.