Re: Re : A92: Fargo 2.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re : A92: Fargo 2.0

On Aug 11,  7:29am, Hmlacage@aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Re : A92: Fargo 2.0
> Dans un courrier date du 11/08/97 08:42:49  , vous avez ecrit :
>
> <<   P.S.S.  Anyway, how will fargo work?  I mean will you still have to
>                   install fargo into a backup file and send it back to your
>                   calc, or will you be able to send it from calc to calc? >>
>
> I believe it will not change: fargo will still need a backup and it will be
> impossible to send it from one calc to another... Perhaps is it possible to
> write a prgm to do this but don' t believe so...

   That is correct.  You will still have to send a backup.  However, there is a
new system for catching control wich may significantly reduce the size of the
backup that needs to be sent.  David mentioned that Fargo 0.1.13 fits in a 40K
backup file now (instead of 128K file).

   It IS possible to send backups between calculators, but this requires an
assembly program.  Also, since different ROM versions have different data in
their backups, it is a complex and space consuming process to decide what data
to send to the other calc.  Unless the two calcs are the same ROM version, I
don't see this as a feasable project (I was researching it for a possible
project).

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu