LF: Fargo FAQ [real] 1.2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LF: Fargo FAQ [real] 1.2

now on, all the questions that I see in these areas will be archived if
it has a valid use in this FAQ.  Special thanks goes out to Tim Gerla
for his assistance.

Questions covered in this FAQ:
------------------------------
Q: What is Fargo?
Q: Will Fargo destroy my TI-92 if something goes wrong?
Q: How do you rotate blocks in FTris?
Q: Can you connect to a modem using a home-made calculator-computer
   link?
Q: When I try to run Fargo, the screen flashes, or the calculator
   mysteriously turns off.  Why isn't Fargo working?
Q: Where can I find all of the programs available for Fargo?
Q: Can I password protect my TI-92 so that it can't be used without
   permission?
Q: Can I run Zshell programs in Fargo?
Q: Can I make sound with Fargo?
Q: Can you hook the ti-92 to an internal modem or does it have to be an
   external modem?
Q: Where can I find the CC68k cross compiler?

Q: What is Fargo?
A: Fargo is a program for the TI-92 graphing calculator that enables
   execution of 68000 machine language programs. These programs are
   stored on your calculator as PRGM variables.  (Taken from the file
   FARGO.TXT) For more descriptory information and to download fargo,
   visit http://www.ticalc.org or
   http://members.aol.com/jwardell/ti92/fargo/index.html.

Q: Will Fargo destroy my TI-92 if something goes wrong?
A: Fargo cannot physically alter your calculator, so no permanent damage
   can be done. It is possible that somehow Fargo could cause your
   calculator to crash.  If you calculator crashes, you can remove one
   of the AA batteries, and hold the [on] buttone for a few moments,
   this should allow you to get a clean re-boot, and recover to the
   calculator's original state.  Another way to reset a crashed calculator
   is to hold down [hand]+[on]+[2nd] until the calc is reset.

Q: How do you rotate blocks in FTris?
A: The [STO>] button rotates the block counter-clockwise, and the [c]
   button rotates the block clockwise.  It was programmed this way so
   that it would naturally fit your hand.

Q: Can you connect to a modem using a home-made calculator-computer
   link?
A: No, use of a modem requires the full functionality of a RS232 port,
   which so far can only be emulated by the official Texas Instruments
   graph-link.

Q: When I try to run Fargo, the screen flashes, or the calculator
   mysteriously turns off.  Why isn't Fargo working?
A: You need to make sure you have transfered the manditory files that
   are needed to load fargo.  These files include: ROMLIB.92P, SHELL.92P
   FLIB.92P, and GREYLIB.92P (GREYLIB is not required, but is used by
   MANY programs).

Q: Where can I find all of the programs available for Fargo?